Style > Beauty

Everything You Need to Know About Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Rihanna has been a music, fashion, beauty, and even philanthropy icon for years. She has 8 Grammys, her Fenty x Puma collaboration sales have skyrocketed, and she received the 2017 Harvard University Humanitarian of the Year award for her work promoting education and healthcare. So naturally, it is time for RiRi to take over the beauty world.

In the midst of New York Fashion Week, Rihanna not only debuted her 2018 Fenty x Puma line, but her much anticipated Fenty Beauty line. That’s right, after months of teasing the line on social media, RiRi has finally given us the products we need to glam and glow just like her!

After 2 years of development, Fenty Beauty is ready and has the perfect range of products for all skin complexions. Rihanna’s focus was to create universal shades “so that women everywhere could be included.” Fenty Beauty is all about diversity and inclusively; we are ~so~ here for it!!

Badgalriri focused on the 3 steps that make a good beauty routine when designing her line. First she has the necessities for a matte base: primer and foundation. The foundation is matte, long-lasting, and comes in 40 shades. Rih was not kidding when she said she was going to cover all skin complexions. She also came up with 20 matte Match Stix, which are complexion tubes that can be used to contour, correct, or conceal.

The next, and probably most important, step for Rihanna is to ~shine bright like a diamond~. Fenty Beauty has an additional 10 shimmer Match Stix which can be used as a blush or highlighter. Also, there are powder six highlighters. Two of the shades come in singles while the other four are in duos, offering a softer or more intense shimmer in one product.

To finish off your Fenty look, the line has everything you need to add the final touch. For those spots where you don’t want your face to shine, there are blotting papers and a translucent powder. Rih also supplied the tools you’ll need, including a makeup sponge, curved highlighter brush, and foundation brush. The Fenty brushes are also available in portable sizes, perfect for when you’re just on the go, or traveling across the world like Rihanna always is.

Fenty Beauty can be found on fentybeauty.com, or at Sephora. The line ranges from $10 to $54. From the soft pink and white packaging, to the inclusive range of skin tones, Fenty Beauty has products you should definitely “add to cart” asap!

Jennie is a sophomore Communication major at Fairfield University. She is also the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Fairfield! You can usually find her typing away on her laptop, blasting Drake, with an iced coffee by her side.
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com