Everything You Need to Know About Arket: H&M’s New Brand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Are you a fan of Forever 21, Zara, Topshop or H&M? Well there is good news! Though recent sales have gone down with the fast-fashion Swedish brand H&M, they are launching a new retail brand called Arket, which means “sheet of paper” in Swedish. H&M CEO Karl-Johan Persson made a statement that “the overall direction and focus is quality in simple, timeless, and functional designs.” He added that the range includes men, women, and children, along with assortments for the home. The clothing sold at Arket will be priced higher than H&M, due to their focus on materials, function. Their starting price will be roughy $42.

The company behind H&M, Hennes & Mauritz AB, announced that this fall they will be launching their new brand in 18 European markets. Their first physical location will be in London, with Brussels, Copenhagen, and Munich soon after. Select Arket stores will include a cafe for a modern-day market, where you can shop and enjoy healthy food, for an all-around experience. Because the label won’t be coming to the U.S. anytime soon, we can only hope they do international shipping!

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.