Everything We Need to Know About Our Girl Ari’s Collab with Starbucks!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Move over regular macchiatos as recent Grammy winner, Ariana Grande, is partnering up with Starbucks to debut the new Cloud Macchiato. Not only is Ariana Grande a Starbucks ambassador, but the coffee giant is creating a whole new playlist that will feature Ariana’s favorite music available throughout multiple participating chains! The ~Cloud Macchiato~ is now permanently on the Starbucks menu with a variety of different flavors including iced or hot caramel and cinnamon macchiatos.

The Cloud Macchiato may be on cloud 9, but it caused many controversies when it was released. The so-called vegan drink was not so vegan after all because it contains egg whites. The whipped cold foam is made with milk, combined with espresso and finished with a caramel drizzle cross-hatch on top. The foam quite literally forms clouds and appears to be thicker than the standard cold foam.

Starbucks announced, “we’ve long been fans of Ariana Grande’s (and we’re both fans of Clouds), so we’re excited to work with her to celebrate the debut of Cloud Macchiato.” If Ariana Grande is a fan of clouds than I am too. Last year, the singer released a perfume called Cloud, and she also has a tattoo of a cloud on her finger. Grande has been promoting the drink via Twitter by posting four photos of herself in the iconic green Starbucks barista aprons.

Ladies, If you need me you know where to find me: (Starbucks with a ~Cloud Macchiato~ in hand)!

Amber Shephard

Fairfield '20

Amber Shephard graduated Fairfield University in 2020 where she majored in Psychology and minored in Marketing. 
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com