Everything We Need to Know about ‘Bachelor’ Colton Underwood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Colton Underwood is to ready find the woman of his dreams as he begins his journey as the Season 23 Bachelor. The 26-year-old former NFL player is clearly ready to the win the hearts of America in the upcoming season.

Many of his qualities can be compared to those of Season 17 Bachelor, Sean Lowe. They both have wholesome and charming personalities that make both viewers and contestants swoon. For those who are not familiar with Colton, here’s a cheat sheet with everything you need to know about him.

1. While competing on Becca Kufrin’s season of the Bachelorette, Colton revealed that he is a virgin. He is saving himself for the right woman, who he hopes to find this upcoming season.

2. Colton dated Olympic gymnast, Aly Raisman. The two began dating after being introduced by mutual friends. Shawn Johnson, Aly’s fellow Olympic gymnast, and her husband, Andrew East, who Underwood knew from the NFL set the two up back in 2016.

1. Colton formed a nonprofit organization, the Colton Underwood Legacy Foundation, in support of cystic fibrosis because his cousin was born with the disorder.

2. He’s been signed to 3 different NFL teams: the San Diego Chargers, the Philadelphia Eagles, and the Oakland Raiders. He was ultimately placed on injured reserve, which lead to the end of his career.

1. Colton was in a relationship with Tia Booth. The two dated after Tia competed on Arie Luyendyk’s season of the Bachelor, but broke up when Colton decided to join Becca’s season of the Bachelorette. The two rekindled their romance during this season of Bachelor in Paradise. However, it did not last long and the duo ended their whirlwind romance for good.

This quick rundown of Colton shows that he is a genuine guy just trying to find the love of his life. The only way to know if Colton is successful in finding the girl of his dreams is to tune in to the Bachelor in January 2019!

Danielle Vazzano is a senior at Fairfield University and is from New York City. She is majoring in English/Professional Writing and minoring in Politics and Catholic Studies. Some of her favorite things include hanging out with friends, reading, and exploring. She studied abroad in Florence, Italy during the Spring 2019 semester.
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com