Everything We Know About Disney’s New Streaming Service, Disney+

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Move over Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Video, there’s a new streaming service coming to town! Disney will be offering original shows and movies on their new service as well as titles from their various entertainment properties such as Pixar, Star Wars, and Marvel! The House of Mouse’s new streaming service, Disney+, will be making its big debut on November 12, 2019, in the U.S., Canada, and the Netherlands. Australia and New Zealand will have the streaming service available on November 19, 2019. 

Disney+ is priced at $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year. This price tag will grant you access to four simultaneous streams and 4K, UHD, and High Dynamic Range picture quality. The streaming service will offer consumers the option to create seven different user profiles. Disney selected a price that is in a similar range of competing streaming services. In comparison, Netflix’s cheapest streaming option is priced at $9 per month, and Hulu’s cheapest option is $5.99 per month. 

The first people able to preregister for Disney+ attended the D23 Expo, Disney’s biennial fan convention in Anaheim, California, back in August. Disney then started a promotion that lasted until Labor Day. It allowed online preorders for people who were members of its D23 fan club. Currently, anyone can sign up for the streaming service in anticipation of its release date next month.

If you love Star Wars, Marvel, or DCOMs (Disney Channel Original Movies), you may find yourself adding another streaming service subscription to your monthly bills. Enjoy all of the Disney ~classics~, Collegiettes! 

Danielle Vazzano is a senior at Fairfield University and is from New York City. She is majoring in English/Professional Writing and minoring in Politics and Catholic Studies. Some of her favorite things include hanging out with friends, reading, and exploring. She studied abroad in Florence, Italy during the Spring 2019 semester.
Katie Mazzotta

Fairfield '21

Katie Mazzotta, from Massachusetts, studies marketing and finance at Fairfield University. She is the campus correspondent for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Her creativity and marketing skills provide a beneficial influence on the chapter's event planning and social media accounts. In her free time, she loves the beach and spending time with friends and family.