Emotional Stages of Taking on #Monday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

We all have our opinions about Mondays; some have stronger ones than others. But no matter what our thoughts are on this day, it comes around every week whether we like it or not. Here are 16 gifs that perfectly sum up our #mondayfeels.

The day begins the moment your alarm goes off, and your deep, peaceful sleep is unfortunately interrupted.

Then you practically cry when you realize you’ve slept through your first two alarms, and now you need to get going.

You finally drag yourself out of bed, and half heartily accept that you have to do Monday. It’s inevitable.

You manage to run a brush through your hair, and obviously throw on the first outfit you see in your closest.

You then work up the courage to look in the mirror, and immediately regret that decision.

After a few moments, you come to terms that this is as good as its going to get.

You throw your stuff into your bag, and sprint out the door.

The need for coffee is unavoidable, so you drag yourself to Starbucks.

… and wait on that disgustingly long line. #Priorities.

After what feels like an eternity, you get your coffee. It’s okay that you’re already 5 minutes late to class, too.

It all goes downhill, though, when your professor reminds you of that quiz today that you didn’t study for.

But right when you begin to have a panic attack, your Professor utters the words “open notes”. #Blessed

Since you survived your quiz, you reward your self with yet another coffee, and a bagel to go.

As you drag yourself to your next class, looking like a hot mess, you cross paths with that cute boy from Saturday’s beach party.

But instead of ducking your head in shame, you give him a smile. Its acceptable, because who looks good on a Monday?

Three classes and countless cups of coffee later, the day is over and you could NOT be more relieved…now it’s time for a nap.

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.