The Emotional Stages of Picking Out An Outfit On Friday Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Come Friday, we can’t wait to go out. But coming from someone who can barely get dressed during the week, finding clothes to go out in is always a challenge.

Alright it’s 6, you have time for a pre-game nap and a shower before you have to try to figure out what to wear.

The question stands: do you dress for the cold walk to the townhouses or the sauna once you arrive?

This week you vow to tone down the look because last week you were a little too dressed up and the heels were definitely not worth it.

What’s in your closet to wear? Absolutely nothing!

Why can’t it be socially acceptable to wear yoga pants and a t-shirt out? If you can’t love me at my worst, you don’t deserve me at my best, right?

Guess not, the girls that just walked by were in body-con dresses and heels. It’s time to reevaluate.

Okay you’ll wear that crop top and skater skirt you wore last week, and the week before.

Who are you kidding? You’re not feeling the crop top tonight. 

“I’ll be at the gym every day this week,” you say. 

Also, no dominoes tonight….

Alright jeans and a low cut top. Very Lauren Conrad. 

That’s it. After putting entirely too much effort into this, it’s time to go.

… And no one even looked at what anyone was wearing at the party anyway.

Caroline Metcalf-Vera is a sophomore at Fairfield University majoring in Communications. Here at Her Campus Fairfield, she is the Executive News Editor. When she isn't in class or writing you'll probably find her camped out in the Mezz with at least three beverages. Guilty pleasures consist of: cotton candy ice cream and early 2000s rap.
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!