Emotional Phases of the Upcoming Darty Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

The best part of the year is finally upon us collegiettes, darty season! Time to retire the winter jackets and bring out the pastel dresses for point days. After a long cold winter, there is nothing like a darty on the beach to kick off the spring season. The beach, cute dresses, and the whole Fairfield community coming together, the hype is too real.

Phase 1: Buying endless pastel colored dresses 

All that is left to do now is just wait for the e-mail notification from the mailroom! 

Phase 2: Checking the weather

Is it warm enough to go to the beach yet? 45 degrees is pretty typical, just bring a light jacket, you’ll be fine! 

Phase 3: Coming up with the pre-darty playlist 

Anything Florida Georgia Line can get the hype going for those warm days.

Phase 4: Choosing cute captions pre-darty, so you’re not agonizing over them when it times come to post.This Saturday was on point! 

Phase 5: Finally ditching the winter booties and bringing out the sandals

A life without uncomfortable going out shoes is one I can get behind. Bring on the Jack Rogers!

Phase 6: Preparation for being at the beach all day Just thinking about having to get sunblock is having us feel some type of way. 

Phase 7: The Uber 

The anticipation is too real. As Nicki accurately said, let’s go to the beach, beach (finally)! 

Phase 8: The darty itself

A sea of pastel colored Vineyard Vines, music blasting, and all your friends in one place <3. 

English major with a concentration in journalism
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant