Drake Defends Female Fans During Concert

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Know yourself and know that if you mess with his fans, Drake will stop a show to call you out.

During a performance in Sydney, Australia this week, Drake stopped singing to address a situation he noticed occurring from the DJ booth he was standing on. In the middle of his song ‘Know Yourself,’ Drake called out an audience member for inappropriately touching women who were also in the crowd.

Drake threatened to fight the male in the audience, who was groping women. Drake was incredibly stern and he immediately came to the defense of women in the audience.

Interrupting his lighthearted performance to put an end to a fan’s inappropriate actions offers hope in light of the sexual harassment claims spreading throughout Hollywood at the moment and goes to show how genuine Drake truly is.

As videos of Drake yelling at the male circulate around the internet, there is one thing we know for sure: when it comes ‘violence against women, the 6 God says no.’

Jennie is a sophomore Communication major at Fairfield University. She is also the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Fairfield! You can usually find her typing away on her laptop, blasting Drake, with an iced coffee by her side.
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com