A Dozen Life Lessons We’ve Learned From Grey’s Anatomy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

From the original M.A.G.I.C. interns to the cast of present day Grey+Sloan Memorial Hospital, Grey’s Anatomy has taught a whole slew of life lessons in its eleven seasons.  We, as collegiettes, are reaching the point in our lives where we are thrown into the real world.  By following these doctors’ words of advice, you can be sure to surround yourself with loving people, make the right decisions (sometimes), and ensure a happy and healthy life.

1. It’s okay to feel not okay.

And don’t be afraid to admit it to those supporting you.

2. Find a best friend who will be there for you no matter what happens.

Especially one who will hold you while you cry, and help you finish a bottle of wine when he breaks your heart.

3. Cristina Yang is our spirit animal and we should admire her every move.

Seriously, this woman has got it all figured out.

4. You’re an independent woman who don’t need no man.

Even though he might be easy on the eyes (ahem, McDreamy!), he might not be so easy on your heart.

5. Be proud of who you are, and don’t be afraid to stand up to haters.

Because being confident is one of the most important things in life.

6. Tequila is BAE.

But too much= vom.com

7. Fight for what you want.

If you want something bad enought be prepared to fight tooth and nail to get it. It’ll be worth it in the end.

8. “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”… But if the doctor is cute, ditch the fruit!

Omg.

…sooooo cute…

OMG.

…SO CUTE.

OH MY GOD.

9. Sometimes, life is just simply not fair and you don’t know how to deal…

…but dancing it out never fails to make you feel better.

10. Being a feminist is not something you should be scared to admit.

And the more we fight the stigma, the more widely accepted and understood equality will be.

11. Give second chances.

People may surprise you. (Remember what an a** Karev was  the first few seasons?)

12. You will face tragedy, heartbreak, happiness, and confusion on the rollercoaster of life, but don’t forget that you will always have your family and friends to lean on.

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.