The Dos and Don’ts of Around the World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Spring at Fairfield is always a busy time of the semester. As the schoolwork piles up, so do the warm weekends. And you know what that means—more day drinks! On Saturday April 18, one of the best darties of the semester, Around the World, will be taking place up at the townhouses. Follow some of our do’s and don’ts below and you’ll be sure to have a great trip “Around the World”!

1. Do: dress up

You wouldn’t show up to a themed party without a costume, so why would you go to Around the World without one?

2. Do: be enthusiastic about your country

The more into your country you are, the more fun you’ll have. Get creative! Decorate your townhouse in your country’s colors; find an authentic drink or food to have. Represent your country with pride!

3. Don’t: be disrespectful

There’s a fine line between funny and just poor taste. While some countries might come with stereotypes, it’s best to avoid them. Have fun with your outfit but keep it classy.

4. Do: be a tourist

Don’t live in a townhouse or aren’t a junior? Dress up as a tourist! Throw on a Hawaiian shirt, some binoculars, and carry around a map; you’ll be ready for your vacay around the globe.

5. Don’t: get lost in the crowd

The day drink usually starts at one townhouse then moves from block to block, so make sure to follow and keep up with everyone!

6. Do: have fun!

Around the World is a tradition that everyone, especially the junior class, looks forward to. Follow these rules, but most importantly, enjoy the weather, enjoy your friends, and have fun!

Karolina is a senior at Fairfield University with a major in Communications and a minor in Professional Writing. A newly appointed style editor this year, she has a passion for all things beauty and fashion. Follow her on instagram @kaphrodite!
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.