Disney Channel To Air Every Single Original Movie to Celebrate the 100th Original Movie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Disney Channel is about to hit a milestone and they plan on celebrating BIG. Disney is soon to release their 100th original movie on Disney Channel and everyone is talking about it.

Disney channel is set to release their 100th Disney Channel Original Movie this year, called Adventures in Babysitting, a re-imagined version of the original film from the ‘80s.  To celebrate the release of this movie, Disney Channel has decided to play every Disney Channel Original Movie.  No, you’re not dreaming… this is just a dream come true! And we’re dancing with excitement.

The excitement begins Friday, May 27th following a four-day movie marathon filled with 51 DCOMs.  It only gets better.  Disney Channel will air encore performances of many of these movies, along with playing any movies they missed, throughout June.  Disney Channel doesn’t stop there.  You’ll be able to find DCOMs on the Disney Channel app and VOD throughout the summer.  Additionally, all 100 movies will be available for purchase through iTunes, Amazon Video and Google Play, including the six that have ranked Disney Channel among the top seven rated original cable movies ever. If you’re curious, those six would be: High School Musical 2, Teen Beach Movie, Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie, Descendants, Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension, and Camp Rock.

Get ready to spend Memorial Day Weekend on your couch with some popcorn.  The schedule for the movie marathon is as follows:

Friday, May 27:

10:00 a.m. – Kim Possible Movie: So the Drama

11:20 a.m. – Read It and Weep

12:55 p.m. – Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior

2:40 p.m. – Jump In!

4:15 p.m. – Lemonade Mouth

6:15 p.m. – Zapped

8:00 p.m. – High School Musical 2

9:55 p.m. – The Cheetah Girls 2

11:45 p.m. – Zenon the Zequel

1:25 a.m. – Halloweentown II: Kalabar’s Revenge

2:55 a.m. – Twitches Too

4:25 a.m. – Alley Cats Strike!

Saturday, May 28:

6:25 a.m. – You Wish!

8:05 a.m. – The Proud Family Movie

9:50 a.m. – Quints

11:25 a.m. – Horse Sense

1:10 p.m. – Cow Belles

2:50 p.m. – Twitches

4:30 p.m. – The Even Stevens Movie

6:15 p.m. – Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie

8:00 p.m. – Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam

9:50 p.m. – Princess Protection Program

11:30 p.m. – The Cheetah Girls: One World

1:05 a.m. – Zenon: Z3

2:40 a.m. – Halloweentown High

4:20 a.m. – The Thirteenth Year

Sunday, May 29:

6:00 a.m. – Right on Track

7:45 a.m. – Full-Court Miracle

9:35 a.m. – Eddie’s Million Dollar Cook-Off

11:20 a.m. – Brink!

1:10 p.m. – Double Teamed

2:55 p.m. – Rip Girls

4:35 p.m. – Motocrossed

6:20 p.m. – Cloud 9

8:00 p.m. – Teen Beach 2

9:55 p.m. – Bad Hair Day

11:40 p.m. – How to Build a Better Boy

1:20 a.m. – Pixel Perfect

2:55 a.m. – The Other Me

4:30 a.m. – Genius

Monday, May 30:

10:00 a.m. – Stuck in the Suburbs

11:30 a.m. – Halloweentown

1:05 p.m. – Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century

2:55 p.m. – Smart House

4:25 p.m. – High School Musical

6:15 p.m. – Camp Rock

8:00 p.m. – Descendants

10:05 p.m. – Teen Beach Movie

11:55 p.m. – Cadet Kelly

1:50 a.m. – The Cheetah Girls

3:35 a.m. – Johnny Tsunami

Victoria Gracie

Fairfield '18

Victoria is a graduate from Fairfield University with a degree in International Business and Marketing. She's from Long Island and has an intense love for New York City. She hopes to travel the world and always lives life with a positive attitude. A few of her obsessions include pizza, dogs, coffee, and fashion. Follow her on Instagram: @vgraciee
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.