Deal or No Deal is Back and We Couldn’t Be More Excited

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

CNBC announced in March that the fan-favorite show, Deal or No Deal, would be returning on December 5th to Primetime TV and we couldn’t be more excited! We can’t wait for this beloved show with its iconic host Howie Mandel to grace our televisions once again!

The best part about the new show is that it’s going to be almost identical to the original, but previous viewers can expect some ~undisclosed~ surprises putting a fun twist on the classic!

For viewers who are new to Deal or No Deal, the show has contestants compete for the grand prize of $1 million that is concealed in one of 26 briefcases. The other briefcases contain anywhere from $1 million to 1 penny. The contestant has to make a hard decision whether to keep the briefcase they chose at the beginning of the show or accept a tempting offer from the banker to buy it from them without knowing the amount that is actually inside! We can only hope former briefcase girls Meghan Markle, Chrissy Teigen, and Claudia Jordan will make an appearance in the reboot of this classic game show. Either way, we can’t wait to see what deals are made in the new season!

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com