Cleaning Powder Makeup Brushes Just Got A Whole Lot Easier

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Cleaning your makeup products is necessary for a ton of reasons, but who actually feels like doing it?  Powder is probably the most difficult makeup product to clean. When we transfer eyeshadow onto our eyelids then put the brush back into the powder we transfer oils from our skin onto the palette. The mix of oil and powder creates a film on the top of the powder which makes it difficult to apply and can cause breakouts. But, there’s a quick and easy fix that doesn’t involve scraping the product with a knife or mixing the powder with rubbing alcohol and waiting for it to dry. What’s the fix you ask? Tape! 

This revolutionary hack was posted by a user on Reddit and people have not stopped raving about it since! The user posted this before and after picture to prove just how useful it is. This trick is so easy, it’s crazy no one thought of it before. Just take pieces of tape, depending on the shape and size of the powder product, and press it onto the powder using your fingernail. When you peel off the tape, it will take the grimy, oily film with it! Now, thanks to some tape, your eye makeup will look better than ever!

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.