Christmas Activities on and off Campus to Keep You in the Holiday Spirit During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Classes have officially ended, which means that finals are upon us. Finals are filled with long study sessions, constantly sipping on coffee, and attempting to cram a semester’s worth of material into your brain for one test. Unfortunately, finals often seem to put a damper on the holiday season. Here’s a list of activities to keep you in the holiday spirit during finals!

1. Go Ice Skating

The Rinks at Shelton is a popular destination among Fairfield students. Ice-skating is a fun way to spend time with friends. Even if you are not the best skater, you will have some great laughs. The list of the public skate times can be found here.

2. Bake Cookies

Baking cookies is a great way to take a break from studying. Depending on your mood, you can bake cookies from scratch or head to your local supermarket to pick up pre-made dough. Yum!

3. Watch a Christmas Movie

Movies are a great way to give your brain a rest. You can either watch a movie on Netflix or go to a movie theater if you feel like getting out of your dorm. I recommend watching A Christmas Prince on Netflix or A Bad Moms Christmas in theaters if you are looking to catch a holiday film.

4. Take a Trip to the City

New York City is just a quick train ride from Fairfield University. This activity would require more of your time than other activities, so make sure to get your studying done early. Seeing the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree and the Christmas window displays in Midtown are some of the most popular attractions to see during the holiday season!

5. Visit Wonderland at Roseville

The name might seem unfamiliar, but you have probably seen this house on people’s Instagrams and VSCOs. Wonderland at Roseville is a dazzling and sparkling house located off of Black Rock Turnpike. The Halliwell family who owns the house decorates the place with thousands of lights and holiday decorations. It is definitely a sight to be seen and the perfect festive study break!

Danielle Vazzano is a senior at Fairfield University and is from New York City. She is majoring in English/Professional Writing and minoring in Politics and Catholic Studies. Some of her favorite things include hanging out with friends, reading, and exploring. She studied abroad in Florence, Italy during the Spring 2019 semester.
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com