Celebrity Looks For Less: Olivia Palermo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Whether you know Olivia from the MTV hit show, The City, her modeling career, or her new-found fame in the fashion industry, one thing is for certain—Olivia Palermo is always on trend and wearing the cutest fashion finds! Spotted earlier this year in London, Olivia was wearing an adorable ensemble that is still perfect to wear for the last few summer days and the transition into fall! Keep reading so you can find out how to recreate her adorable and fashionable look…on a college budget!

The first part of the look is Olivia’s structured white blouse. This classic piece can be dressed up or down. Here’s a great look-alike below!

(Pocket blouse, “Violeta by Mango Flowy,” johnlewis.com, $32)

A girl can’t leave the house (or dorm!) without her pants! Here’s a great alternative to the jeans that Olivia was wearing. These may be a little pricier for a pair of jeans, but you will be getting what you paid for. These jeans will last many wears, washes, and events!

(Distressed skinny jean, Flying Monkey Jeans, bloomingdales.com, $88)

You can’t go anywhere without a great pair of shoes! These super cute alternatives will dress up any plain outfit and be the perfect pop of color to any outfit.

(Red Sandal, Qupid Policy-30, zooshoo.com, $24)

Olivia’s sunglasses are so on trend, and a great pair of oversized sunglasses will always be the perfect accessory for any outfit! As with the jeans, these sunglasses may be a little pricey on a college budget, but the designer quality definitely correlates with the price!

(Oversized sunglasses, Ivanka Trump, nordtromrack.com, $30)

Finally, no outfit is complete without a handbag. This adorable metallic clutch is most definitely cheaper than Olivia’s, and like the red-heeled sandals, it can be used to dress up a casual outfit. It’s the perfect complement to any going out outfit!

(Metallic Alligator Clutch (no designer was given), dailylook.com, $30)

Follow Gabby on Twitter!

I dream of eating waffles with Amy Poehler and climbing to the top of Corporate America specifically in the fashion industry. Amy P hasn't responded to my emails, so in the meantime, I'm your typical college student who is majoring in Accounting. I'm a self-proclaimed Diet Coke and Twitter addict and I will never go a day without them. I hate the gym so don't look for me there. Finally, follow me on Twitter @gabbyycapello or Instagram @gabbycapello!
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.