etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Celebrities to Watch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Can’t get enough of celebrities and following their lives via social media and the tabloids? Check out this list of celebrities that everyone has been buzzing about.

1.     Jessie James

Singer/Reality TV star

Jessie James is singer/songwriter with a killer voice but also currently has a reality TV show, Eric and Jessie: Game on. Her show follows the lives of her and her famous husband, Eric Decker, a football player who previously played for the Denver Broncos (but is now moving to the New York Jets). The couple recently gave birth to baby girl, Vivianne Rose. Later this year she will be releasing a new country album that fans are excited to hear!

2.     Margot Robbie

Actress

If you’ve already played the role of Leonardo DiCaprio’s wife, what more can you ask for in your acting career? Margot Robbie’s breakout role in The Wolf of Wall Street quickly made the beautiful Australian actress well known in the states. Since her debut, she has been cast in four upcoming films in which she will be starring as the lead actress.

3.     Paul Pogba

Athlete

This summer, look out for Paul Pogba on the soccer field during the FIFA 2014 World Cup. He is a 21 year-old midfielder who will be playing for the French national team in the tournament. He was born in France and has already played for Manchester United at his a young age. He is an athlete to keep your eye on!

4.     Theo James

Actor

Theo James is an English actor who made his entrance in the film Divergent, playing the character “Four.” He is originally from Oxford and quickly stole the hearts of many girls (including ours as last week’s MCM) in the United States. We can’t get enough of his looks, he even roles lined up for him in the future! Make sure to check him out in the film Divergent that is currently in theaters.

5.     Shailene Woodley

Actress

We remember her from the TV series The Secret Life of the American Teenager, but Shailene Woodley was able to break away from the TV show and take on many successful roles. She already worked with amazing actors such as George Clooney in The Descendents and was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress. She is starring in two movies this year, Divergent (with Theo James, above) and The Fault In Our Stars. Shailene’s acting is exactly what Hollywood needs.

6.     Lupita Nyong’o

Actress

In 2013, Lupita Nyong’o stared in the motion picture, 12 Years a Slave, from which she won her first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. Not only did she succeed in the film, but also she was a huge hit on the red carpet this past awards season. She showed off both her elegance and fashion sense while walking the red carpet with confidence.

7.      Dakota Johnson

Actress

American actress and model, Dakota Johnson is currently is filming the new movie, Fifty Shades of Grey, which every girl is desperately waiting to hit theaters. She will be playing the lead character, Anastasia Steele, and is co-starring with the beautiful Jamie Dornan, who is definitely every girl’s dream man.

8.     Elizabeth Olsen

Actress

Remember Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen? Pretty soon they won’t be the only Olsens taking on the spotlight. Their younger sister, Elizabeth Olsen, is quickly catching up to the well-known twin sisters’ fame. She will soon be starring in the remake of Godzilla.

9.     Tara Lipinski

Athlete

Can you imagine retiring at age 16? The Philadelphian-born Olympic figure skater, Tara Lipinski, was able to accomplish just that after capturing the gold at the 1998 Winter Olympics. During the 2014 Sochi Winter Games, Tara was a commentator and analyst for NBCNBC Sports and Universal Sports. This has now opened many doors for Tara’s future career as a sports commentator.

10.  Stassi Schroeder

Columnist/Reality TV star

Stassi is mostly known for her role in the hit reality show Vanderpump Rules but Stassi is also a model and a fashion columnist. She earned a degree in English Writing from Loyola Marymount University and is currently working for The Divine Addiction, an online magazine run by Lisa Vanderpump’s daughter Pandora. Check out her column for all of her fashion expertise. 

Hi Loves! My names Audriana currently studying Marketing and Journalism at Fairfield University. I'm a Philly girl with a bubbly personality. I love anything Pink! Style icons: Blair Waldorf and Serena Van der Woodsen.  New York City, Iced Tea and Gossip Girl addict. Fell in love with London and traveling while abroad my fall junior semester. Follow my beauty/fashion blog www.beyondyourblowout.com and on instagram  @audrossano
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.