Campus Cuties, Twins!: David Vitiello and Gaetano Annunziata

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

For those of you who know David Vitiello and Gaetano Annunziata, you are probably guilty of confusing them for each other at one point or another. This week’s campus cuties are here to set the record straight that they are not related. In fact, these childhood friend’s don’t even think they look alike.

Majors:

Gaetano: Finance

David: Finance and Accounting

Year: 2019

Relationship Status:

Gaetano: Single

David: Taken

Hometown:

Gaetano: Yonkers, New York 

David: Yonkers, New York

HC: How far away do you live from each other?

Gaetano: 10 minutes walking, Three seconds driving.

HC: Let’s get this straight, are you twins or related in anyway?

Gaetano: Not related in any way shape or form.

David: Not at all I’m better looking than him.

HC: Do you think you guys look alike, if so in what way?

Gaetano: We don’t think we look alike at all.

David: But everyone on this campus thinks we do…we dressed up as each other for Halloween.

HC: When/How did you first meet?

Gaetano: When we were kids we played baseball against each other, I hit a homerun off David. Then one day he was in his dugout and he asked me if I was going to Fordham Prep and we have been friends ever since.

David: That homerun was not off me, it was off my team.

HC: How often do people mistake you for one another?

Gaetano: Every single day. Like three times a day. I have people come up to me and say “Hey Dave.”

David: The other day we were both in Barone and I first went to the wrap station to get chicken cut, then Gaetano went up to get a wrap and the women said to him, “Wow you’re back again.” But I wasn’t, so then we have to go up to her and explain we aren’t the same person.

HC: How would you describe each other in one word?

Gaetano: Burnetts

David: Gae-Kwon-Do

HC: What are you involved in at Fairfield University? Do you participate in any activities together?

Gaetano: We are on club baseball together.

David: We are both in the Finance and Accounting Clubs

Gaetano: And we speak Italian to each other when we don’t want other people to know what we are saying.

HC: I heard that Gaetano was a childhood actor on Sesame Street?

Gaetano: I was. From age 8-10 I made a few appearances on Sesame Street as a bird, and one on Elmo’s World in which I had to jump over a crack and show Dorothy how to use my legs. My line was, “Look Dorothy, this is how I use my legs to jump over this crack on the sidewalk.” 

HC: David what about you?

David: I was too busy preparing for my intramural basketball career.

HC: Do you use each other for advice when it comes to girls and relationships? What is the best advice on girls you have received from each other.

Gaetano: 100% we do. Dave makes fun of me for past girls I have been with and then I make fun of myself so that way we both just end up making fun of the situation and forgetting about it. For example, the first time David and his girlfriend met, he texted me “Target Acquired,” and I responded “Yeah, good luck with that.”

David: After the ferris wheel incident I tend to go to my good friend Matt Rauth instead.

HC: What was the ferris wheel incident?

Gaetano: You don’t even want to know.

David: Gaetano and four other friends were at a carnival during sophomore year. My two friends got on with each other and then Gaetano was suppose to get on with his (ex) girlfriend but before the ride started she got off and Gaetano stayed on, for the entire ride by himself.

Gaetano: People pointed and laughed at me.

HC: Describe your perfect date.

Gaetano: I would take her to New York and show her all the sh*t she would only see with a New Yorker. It would definitely include Arthur Ave, and watching High School Musical at some point.

David: I would start off by giving her flowers. Then just hang out on the beach, and take her to Molto.

HC: What is something on your bucket list?

Gaetano: Meet and propose to Alex Morgan. If I ever met her I would deada** ask her to marry me right on the spot.

David: I want to meet and sing with J.B.,like the old Justin. I know every single word to One Less Lonely Girl and Down to Earth.

HC: What would a typical night out with Gaetano and David be like?

Gaetano: We start pregaming in David’s room and end up at Pier 7. Once we get to the party there are a significant amount of times where people have a conversation with me that I don’t even know because they think I’m David. Its gotten to the point where I just let it go on, its not worth explaining.

David: I usually spend the majority of the time trying to lose this girl Paige who follows me around everywhere.

HC: Where do you see your friendship going after college?

Gaetano: Back to Yonkers. We will always be close. We are going to be roommates next year, so like froomies.

David: I’m probably just going to name my kid Gaetano to be honest.

Gaetano: I would like to clarify how we pronounce my name. It’s Guy-tahn-o. I’ve gotten everything from Gintono to Graytano to Geronimo

As always we highly encourage all the ladies of Fairfield to follow our campus cuties on Instagram!

Gaetano: @gaetanonunz

David: @dvitiello_20

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.