Campus Cutie: Brian Daley ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Meet this weeks Campus Cuite, Brian Daley! This little freshman sailor is definitely someone to share a boat with. Let’s get you guys to know him. 

Name: Brian Daley

Hometown: Harwich Port, MA

Year: 2019

Major: Pre-Med Bio 

Relationship Status: Single

Campus Involvement: Sailing, Stags TV, She’s the First  

Quick Facts:

Celebrity Crush: Jennifer Lawrence

Boxers or Briefs? “That’s a real tough one…Boxers.”

Most Popular Emoji? *crying laughing* 

Dream Job? Astronaut.

High School Superlative? Most likely to go to space. 

Her Campus: What’s your favorite place to be on Campus?

Brian Daley: That’s a tough one, I’d have to say the library. I have a lot of work to do and I found a couple nice spots where I can get a lot done. And it has AC.

HC: What are three things you can’t live without? Brian: Amy Polewaczyk, chipotle, and my camera.

HC: What song best describes you?

Brian: Born to Run, Bruce Springsteen

HC: Weird Talent?

Brian: My friends and I can do this really awesome dance to Make A Mess by Matt and Kim. We are really excited to do it at the concert Saturday.

HC: What’s something most people don’t know about you?

Brian: I’m the youngest in my family by 11 years. I mean 9. I can’t math!

HC: Who do you fangirl over?

Brian: Tom Cruise and Top Gun.

HC: True life: I’m addicted to…

Brian: Photography.

HC: If you could drive anything right now what would it be?

Brian: The stag… just kidding. A manual red Jeep Wrangler.

HC: What would be your ideal date?

Brian: April 25th, it’s not too hot, it’s not too cold, all you need is a light jacket!

HC: For real though? Girls want to know!

Brian: What do you mean for real? *laughs*

HC: What’s your favorite article of clothing?

Brian: I’d have to say my Irish knit sweater because me and my Dad have the same one.

HC: If you could propose to anyone right now, who would it be?

Brian: Jennifer Lawrence.

HC: Darn.

HC: First Kiss Story?

Brian: First kiss was 8th grade, in school. Just in the hallway, it was really spur of the moment.

HC: (We were hoping it was on a sailboat.)

HC: What’s the most interesting dream you’ve ever had?

Brian: Zombie apocalypse.

HC: What do you think is the weirdest article of female clothing?

Brian: A bandeau, I have no idea what it is.

HC: Give us four words that describe your dream girl. Brian: Funny, caring, sympathetic, and ambitious.

HC: What’s the nicest thing you’ve ever done for a girl?

Brian: I’ve had one of my friends cry on my shoulder for four hours. HC: AWE.

HC: Nicest thing a girl has done for you?

Brian: I’d have to say like actually, generally cared about me.

HC: Number one thing on your bucket list?

Brian: If I had to pick one it would be climbing to the summit of Mount Everest. That would be pretty cool.

HC: What is the most common compliment you are given?

Brian: My friends say I give really good hugs. If you want one on the way out, just let me know. HC: PLEASE.

HC: What do you like about sailing?

Brian: Specifically at Fairfield, the group of kids on the team. And in general, I could go on about this quote by JFK in the America’s cup:

“I really don’t know why it is that all of us are so committed to the sea, except I think it’s because in addition to the fact that the sea changes, and the light changes, and ships change, it’s because we all came from the sea. And it is an interesting biological fact that all of us have in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea – whether it is to sail or to watch it – we are going back from whence we came.”

It’s just kind of part of me at this point.

HC: RT.

HC: What is your go to song to play?

Brian: Make a Mess by Matt and Kim.

HC: Why do you want to be an astronaut?

Brian: I want to be an astronaut because there’s this really cool phenomenon called earth effect. Whenever you go to space and you look down at the little pale blue dot you have this full understanding of humanity. It’ll give you a really cool perspective, really kind of something awesome and cool to think about.

HC: What’s your favorite part of Fairfield?

Brian: Honestly, the great diversity of students on campus. You can really find a lot of different groups of people, and that’s really cool.

Thanks so much again Brian!

P.S. We call dibs;P 

Hey! I sail, play tennis, write, and sculpt!
Emily Paik

Fairfield

Masshole at heart, beach bum. True believer that dogs are better than people.  Follow me on twitter! https://twitter.com/EmilyPaik Instagram: @emilyelizp  
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.