This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Award show outfits have been taken to the next level at the CFDA Fashion Awards. The show took place on November 7 at Casa Cipriani in Manhattan, New York. Fashion icons attending the event included Janelle Monáe, Cher, Gigi Hadid, and most of the Kardashian-Jenner clan. Celebrities from all over chose a variety of unique, stylish, and show-stopping looks. 

The first of many interesting and elegant looks was from Janelle Monáe. Her extravagant and full dress featured gold buttons, a long train, and puff detailing around the waist and hips. The shocking dress was accompanied by a sparkly poodle purse, bold geometric makeup, knee-high socks, and fabulous high boots with heels incorporating the letters “New York.” The black and white look was topped off with a noticeable red lip. If anyone wants tips on how to make an entrance, follow Monáe’s lead! 

Not only did Kim K take the win for the Innovator Award for her successful brand Skims, but she also made a sleek and stunning appearance. Kardashian’s skin-tight latex dress was both innovative and futuristic, matching her slicked-back hair and smoky makeup. The Dolce and Gabbana look was gray and see-through around the legs. Kardashian is known for her runway looks and she didn’t disappoint with this simple outfit. 

Lenny Kravitz made a bold appearance as well at this year’s awards. The singer sported flared leather pants and a mock suit jacket with a deep V and feathered sleeves. Though the look lacked a pop of color, it was anything but dull. Kravitz accessorized with large black sunglasses, noticeable gold jewelry, and platform boots. 

Another all-black look featured at the event was from Mariska Hargitay. Her gown was form-fitting and flared into a voluminous tulle mermaid bottom. It also consisted of pointed shoulder pads and silver bangles around each wrist. Though her hair and makeup were uncomplicated, her look was classy and fashionable.

If anyone knows how to stand out, it’s fashion-icon Gigi Hadid. Hadid’s mismatched tailored outfit was colorful and fun. She was seen in striped culotte pants, a cropped button down, and a tweed ragged vest. The look also included high white and striped socks and pointed dress shoe heels. Topping the look off with a dramatic gray lip and slicked-back bun, Hadid’s originality definitely showed through. 
Catch more of the CFDA Awards looks here.

Olivia Conkling

Fairfield '25

Olivia is a sophomore Business Undeclared major at Fairfield University. She enjoys fashion, writing, listening to music, reading, and going to the beach!