Best Looks of The CMA Awards 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Last Wednesday night, country music rocked Bridgestone Arena in the heart of Nashville, Tennessee at the CMA Awards! This year, the show was exceptionally special due to it being the 50th annual celebration. Country music legends were given tribute for their pioneering efforts in making country music a true phenomenon. Well-known country artists, Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood, got the privilege to co-host again for the ninth time. Their comical back and forth banter set a lighthearted mood and kept everyone laughing all night long. To top it all off, our favorite country stars made some incredible fashion statements! Cowboy boots and belt buckles aren’t all they can handle. Get ready for some of our show-stopping picks that prove country stars can be oh so glamorous!

1.) Carrie Underwood

All hail the rising country music queen! Her unbelievable vocals aren’t the only things blowing our mind. Carrie looks like complete royalty in this blush Michael Cinco ball gown. Embellished with Swarovski crystals and pearls, she truly captures the essence of Cinderella. Absolutely breathtaking, Carrie!

2.) Kelsea Ballerini

This girl is definitely a Carrie in the making! We get a glimpse of Kelsea’s sweetness and a touch of sass with this vibrant Michael Costello gown. The fuchsia, floral-print design gives off an exotic vibe. A deep V-neck highlights the gown’s flirtatious qualities. It’s simply a gown fit for a princess.

3.) Luke Bryan with wife Caroline Boyer

This dance-loving, booty-shaking hottie is putting his groovy moves on hold to showcase a more handsome, sophisticated side. Luke looks nothing short of dapper in a black and blue tuxedo. Caroline’s unique choice in gown style certainly pays off as she flaunts jewel tones, sheer paneling, and a detailed, high neckline. Her nude makeup and elegant up do complement the gown’s bold, whimsical pattern. What a stunning couple!

4.) Thomas Rhett and wife Lauren Gregory

As if winning single of the year wasn’t enough, Thomas and his beautiful wife Lauren might be one of the most adorable couples in country music. It’s no doubt they have stylistic chemistry either. Thomas pairs dark gray suit pants with a white dress shirt and black, velvet suit coat. He completes his fabulously attractive look with black, velvet dress shoes and a simple black bowtie. Lauren stands beside her husband looking strikingly beautiful in a royal blue, chiffon gown with delicate floral beading towards the top. So much love for these two cuties!

5.) Tim McGraw and Faith Hill

Nothing but picture perfect for country music’s power couple! They look positively glowing in their color coordinated outfits. Tim is featured in a black Lanvin tuxedo, Tiffany and Co. shirt studs, and a Cartier watch. He of course accents his country charm with a classic, black cowboy hat. Faith models a black Armani Prive gown with a shimmery silver bodice, Christian Louboutin shoes, and exquisite jewelry by Martin Katz and Lorraine Schwartz. Her dress also accentuates a ruffly piece of black, satin fabric that overlaps the original fabric at her waist. Keep on alluring us you two! 

Hi, my name is Emily and I’m a Communications Major with Minors in Art History and Sociology at Fairfield U. I have a passion for all things fashion, beauty, cooking, and fitness. I am a foodie at heart and am always looking for new recipes or restaurants to try. Editorial writing and social media managing are just a couple of my specialties! 
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant