Best Foundations on the Market

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It’s extremely hard to find the right foundation for your skin and your budget. From dry to oily skin, drugstore to high-end, and sheer coverage to full coverage, there are SO many foundations out there to choose from!

Here’s a range of some of the best foundations on the market:

1. Maybelline FIT Me Foundation

The Maybelline FIT Me foundation is one of the best all-in-one foundations, and it won’t break your bank!  This foundation is lightweight and offers just enough coverage for everyday wear.  An additional bonus is that it has SPF in it! You can find this foundation at practically any drugstore in both the matte and illuminating formulas.

2. Make Up Forever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation

This high-end foundation is a bit on the pricier side, but its medium coverage is sure to leave your skin looking ~flawless~.  Its ultra-lightweight formula melts into your skin and looks good on practically any skin type!  It was even an Allure Reader’s Choice Winner this year. You can find it at Sephora.

3. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

If you have super dry skin, this foundation is the solution for you!  Its  sheer coverage is enough to cover any flaws without being flaky and dry.  This high-end foundation can be found at Sephora.

4. Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

This high-end foundation is perfect for combination skin! Its long-lasting, oil-free formula makes this foundation a must have in your beauty routine.  You can purchase this foundation at Sephora.

5. L’Oreal Paris Infallible 24H-Matte Mattifying Foundation

Looking for yet another affordable foundation option?  This foundation is cheap and found at most drugstores!  It’s matte, but not too drying, and will provide you with high coverage all day long.  Since it is on the heavier side, it is better suited for skin that tends to be oily throughout the day.

6. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

If you’re looking for something a little less intense than your traditional foundation, tinted moisturizer is probably the product for you.  It’ll even your skin tone, moisturize, protect your skin from the sun with the added SPF, and give you a natural glow!! This product can be found at Sephora.

7. bareMinerals Original Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15

This foundation is another good option if you’re looking for something a little bit lighter.  This powder foundation will give you a solid coverage, while keeping the shine on your face to a minimum.  If you really want to prevent your face from showing any shine, there is also a matte formula of this product.  This product has been an Allure Reader’s Choice Winner for 10 years… so clearly it’s a must have! It can also be found at Sephora.

Victoria Gracie

Fairfield '18

Victoria is a graduate from Fairfield University with a degree in International Business and Marketing. She's from Long Island and has an intense love for New York City. She hopes to travel the world and always lives life with a positive attitude. A few of her obsessions include pizza, dogs, coffee, and fashion. Follow her on Instagram: @vgraciee
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com