Style > Beauty

The Best Drugstore Dupes for High-End Beauty Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Is there really a better feeling than coming home from Sephora with your black and white striped bag in hand and immediately ripping out the tissue paper to obsess over your shiny new designer beauty products? We’ve all experienced this and low-key are way too into our beauty routines to give them up. Well that’s OK, because you don’t need to! But, there are definitely some more budget-friendly dupes for your favorite high-end beauty products. Here are some of the best around:

Maybelline Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter v. Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Highlighter

Price: $9.99 v. $28

We were shocked when we tried this highlighter. Maybelline did an amazing job of creating a pigmented, glowing, and perfectly bronzed highlighter. There’s been a lot of recent hype around Anastasia’s new collab highlighter with Insta beauty blogger Amrezy, but we think that Master Chrome can give it a run for its money at a fraction of the price.

Colourpop No Filter Concealer v. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer

Price: $6 v. $30

If you are not an avid fan of Colourpop yet, it’s not too late! With low prices, so many awesome products, and free shipping over $30, you really can’t go wrong! The No Filter Concealer is our go-to drugstore concealer, coming in hot at $6. It goes on smooth and provides full coverage all-day. It definitely is stealing some thunder from the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer.

Milani Rose Powder Blush v. Nars Blush

Price: $6.99 v. $30

There is no doubt in our mind that Nars knows how to do blush. But, when you’re not feeling up to spending a little bit more on that Nars blush, Milani is carried at almost every drugstore and the Rose Powder Blush gives you the rosy cheeks you want in your everyday makeup routine.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara v. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Price:  $8.99 v. $23

What’s not to love about these pretty pink bottles? Better Than Sex is a classic and,   rightfully so, a best-selling product. But don’t underestimate the compliments you’ll be getting on your lashes if you start rocking Maybelline’s Lash Sensational Mascara. If you’re going for the voluminous, full lashes, dramatic look, get to your nearest drugstore.  

Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation v. Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation

Price: $7.99 v. $43

Of course, there’s something to be said about high-end foundation, and Make Up For Ever does an amazing job at providing full and perfect coverage in over 40 shades. But, we honestly love Maybelline Fit Me Foundation as an alternative. It is matte, full coverage, and you don’t need to feel guilty about breaking the bank when you buy two or three different shades for when you’re a bronzed goddess or a tad pale.

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com