Best Dressed at the Oscars 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

The 90th Academy Awards marked the end of award show season this year. For three months, the entertainment industry graced our television by awarding the best and brightest talent of society. With awards shows ending until next season, this means we can kiss red carpets goodbye for a year. The stars knew they had to end the season with a bang, so here are the best dressed from the 2018 Oscars!

1. Saoirse Ronan

Saorise Ronan was pretty in pink in a Calvin Klein strapless gown. She kept her look sweet and simple with minimal accessories and a sleek hair-do.

2. Gal Gadot

Gal Gadot glittered in gold. The actress donned Tiffany & Co. jewelry and a Givenchy dress.

3. Chadwick Boseman

Chadwick Boseman sported a Givenchy couture topcoat. The royal inspired lapel paid homage to his character from “Black Panther,” the king of Wakanda.

4. Gina Rodriguez

With her selection of a Zuhair Murad gown, Gina Rodriguez caught the crowd’s attention. The plunging neckline added an element of sex appeal, while the embellishments and soft color kept the dress sophisticated.

5. Armie Hammer

Armie Hammer looked as sweet as a red velvet cupcake in his burgundy suit. The custom Giorgio Armani suit stood out amongst a sea of classic black.

6. Greta Gerwig

Greta Gerwig looked like a ray of sunshine in a Rodarte gown. The ornate details on the mustard yellow dress were a favorite of mine.

7. Emma Stone

Emma Stone turned heads at the Oscars with her choice of outfit. The actress opted for a mismatched Louis Vuitton suit instead of the usual dress.

I hope everyone had a great time watching the Oscars! I know I already cannot wait to see what everyone will be wearing next year!

Danielle Vazzano is a senior at Fairfield University and is from New York City. She is majoring in English/Professional Writing and minoring in Politics and Catholic Studies. Some of her favorite things include hanging out with friends, reading, and exploring. She studied abroad in Florence, Italy during the Spring 2019 semester.
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com