Best Cookies to Make This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

The holiday season is the best time of year for many reasons but, for my fellow Collegiettes who have a major sweet tooth, that reason is desserts. Christmas cookies are an essential food group throughout this whole season, if I do say so myself. They can be big or small; super sugary, chocolaty, or even topped with a mountain of frosting!

Here are the 10 best cookies to make this holiday season:

1. Chewy Gingersnap Cookies

Chewy, sugary, delicious, and a classic as well. Get the recipe here!

2. Salted Peanut Butter Shortbread

How can you not love peanut butter flavored anything (unless you have allergies)? These salted peanut butter shortbread cookies are to die for. Here is the recipe!

3. Gingerbread Men

Gingerbread men were a staple during our childhoods, and they still can be for young adults. The fun in decorating these little men never gets old. Continue the magic with this recipe!  

4. Red Velvet Melting Snowman

In my opinion, red velvet anything is absolutely scrumptious – especially with these cute snowman designs!

5. Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies

Your grandma’s classic oatmeal-raisin cookies are perfect for the holidays because they make you feel as if you are being healthy while eating something that tastes so good.

6. Chocolate Brownie Cookies

A chocolate cookie and a brownie? The best relationship there could be in a dessert. Our hearts are melting over here!

7. Lemony Slice Cookies

Lemony slice and everything nice with a splash of sprinkles.

8. Red Velvet Cream Cheese Thumbprint Cookies

Ahh look at that, another red velvet number. These are even better with some cream cheese frosting imbedded within the cookie. No need to go to Cheesecake Factory when you can make these bad boys.

9. Christmas Tree Cookies

You can customize this Christmas cookie any way you’d like, as long as you decorate the Christmas Tree shape of it with pride!

10. Chocolate Chip Cookies

You cannot go through a holiday season without the most classic and beloved cookie of all time… Chocolate Chips will never die.

Adriana is currently a second semester senior at Fairfield University. She is majoring in Communication and English with a concentration in creative writing as well as a double minor in marketing and women, gender and sexuality studies.              
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com