victorious christmas?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
victorious christmas?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Nickolodeon / Netflix

Best Christmas Themed TV Show Episodes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Nothing gets me in the holiday spirit like rewatching the holiday episodes of my favorite TV shows. Cozying up on the couch with a cup of hot cocoa, my favorite Christmas blanket, and my favorite winter candle is truly unmatched. Take a break from the stress of finals season with some childhood nostalgia. This list will transport you right back to winter break as a kid and is the perfect remedy for the next few weeks of stress we have upon us. 

1. Friends – “The One with the Holiday Armadillo” Season 7 Episode 10
    1. One of the most iconic holiday episodes is in the TV show Friends, “The One with the Holiday Armadillo,” which aired in 2000. In this episode, Ross is unable to get a holiday costume so close to Christmas, so he gets an armadillo costume to teach his son, Ben, about their Jewish heritage. Eventually, Chandler saves the day by getting a Santa Costume. The episode has remained a staple holiday episode that evokes great nostalgia. 
  2. Gossip Girl – “Roman Holiday” Season 1 Episode 11
    1. The holiday season is incomplete without some drama, and no one does drama like Gossip Girl. While no holiday episode will top the Thanksgiving episode of Season 3, the Season 1 Christmas episode is a close second. In this GG episode, Blair schemes to break up her dad and his new boyfriend but fails. “Roman Holiday” will keep you on the edge of your seat and get you in the holiday spirit. 
  3. Modern Family – “Express Christmas” Season 3 Episode 10
    1. A lot of time with family is spent around the holiday season, and nothing depicts the craziness that can ensue like the iconic sitcom Modern Family. In “Express Christmas,” the Dunphy and Pritchett families realize they all have separate Christmas day plans and create an “express Christmas” to ensure they can still see each other. The idea fails due to limited planning time, but it shows how important love and family are during the holidays. 
  4. Suite Life on Deck – “A London Carol” Season 3 Episode 15
    1. An old Disney show is a perfect way to get into the sentimental Holiday spirit. In typical London Tipton fashion, London does not want to help out at the charity event. In turn, she is visited by ghosts who come to teach her a lesson about helping others. A parody of Charles Dickens’s “A Christmas Carol” always makes for a great Christmas episode.  
  5. Gilmore Girls – “The Bracebridge Dinner” Season 2 Episode 10
    1. If you want to take a break from the drama this Christmas, a Gilmore Girls episode can do just that. The characters have dinner at the Independence Inn and enjoy each other’s company—a simple and wholesome episode, great for a cozy night in. 

This finals season relax and re-watch some of your favorite holiday episodes!

Olivia Sperduto is a writer and on the social media team for Her Campus at Fairfield University. She mainly writes about fashion, but has covered additional categories such as food and pop culture. In addition to writing she also helps the social media team curate posts for the Instagram page, brainstorm ideas in order to boost engagement on various social media platforms, and designs instagram stories highlighting the weekly articles. Beyond Her Campus, Olivia is a part of Stags in the Stands Marketing team, where she creates instagram stories to encourage attendance at athletic events. She is also a general member of Women in Business, and Marketing Club at Fairfield University. She is currently in her second year at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in International Business and Marketing. Off campus she works for a Fairfield based Marketing Consulting Firm where she works on a variety of different projects including video editing, website redesign, and podcast development. In her free time, Olivia loves to exercise and go on walks. In the summer she spends a majority of her time at the Jersey Shore going to the beach and spending time with her Dog, Chelsea. She loves to read, mainly fiction novels.