absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best Brunch Recipes to Cure Your Holiday Hangover

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

After a long night of partying, we are, more than likely, going to wake up drowsy and not in the holiday spirit. What’s the cure? Lots and lots of delicious brunch food!

1.     Eggnog French Toast

There is nothing better than eggnog French toast on Christmas morning. This recipe is delicious and super easy to make.

Prep time: 10 minutes

Cook time: 15 minutes

Yield: 12 slices

Ingredients:

1 ½ cups of eggnog

5 large eggs

½ tsp. ground nutmeg

½ tsp. rum extract

12 slices of Texas toast (or other white bread like challah or French bread)

Directions:

Preheat an electric griddle to 350 degrees. Then, in a mixing bowl, whisk together eggnog, eggs, nutmeg and rum extract until very well blended. Pour mixture into an 11 by 7-inch baking dish (or one of similar size) and dip the bread 2 slices at a time into mixture, then rotate and coat opposite side. Transfer to the buttered griddle and cook until the bottom is golden brown. Then flip and cook opposite side until golden.

Serve warm with maple syrup and sweetened whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!

From Cooking Classy

2.   Ricotta, Rosemary and Tomato Mini Quiche

This recipe is simple and will satisfy all of your needs for a holiday brunch. 

Prep time: 15 minutes

Yield: 12 servings

Ingredients:

14 oz. piecrust (pre-rolled)

2 eggs

¼ cup ricotta

¼ cup milk

1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes

2 tablespoons chopped rosemary

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut 3-inch circles of piecrust and press into a greased mini-muffin pan or mini-quiche pans. In a small bowl, combine eggs, ricotta cheese, and milk. Divide up the tomatoes and rosemary evenly into the piecrust.  Pour the egg mixture into the piecrusts. Bake for 25-27 minutes or until the piecrust is golden brown and egg is cooked through.

From Catch my Party

3.     Cream Cheese Filled Breakfast Pancakes

This pancake recipe is to die for! Who doesn’t love pancakes and cream cheese… especially together?!

Prep & Cook Time: 45 minutes

Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients:

Pancakes

2 beaten eggs

1 ¼ cups of milk

1 cup all purpose flour

2 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar

1 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. vanilla

¼ tsp. salt

1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened

1/3 cup whipping cream

½ tsp. vanilla

½ cup of sifted powdered sugar

Powdered sugar

Fresh berries

Directions:

For the pancakes:

In a medium-mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, vanilla and salt. Beat the mixture with a rotary beater or an electric mixer until smooth. Heat a lightly greased 6-inch skillet over medium heat; remove the skillet from heat. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the batter into the skillet. Lift and tilt the skillet to spread the batter evenly. Return the skillet to heat and brown the pancake on one side only. Invert the skillet over a paper towel and remove the thin pancake. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing the skillet occasionally as needed. Makes 12 thin pancakes.

For the filling:

In a medium-mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then, add whipping cream and vanilla and beat the mixture on low speed until combined. Stir in the powdered sugar. To serve, spoon 2 tablespoons of filling onto each thin pancake and roll up.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with fresh berries of your choice.

Victoria Gracie

Fairfield '18

Victoria is a graduate from Fairfield University with a degree in International Business and Marketing. She's from Long Island and has an intense love for New York City. She hopes to travel the world and always lives life with a positive attitude. A few of her obsessions include pizza, dogs, coffee, and fashion. Follow her on Instagram: @vgraciee
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.