The Benefits of Taking a Break From Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Being a girl can be hard. To avoid the dreaded comment, “You look really tired today,” we almost always find ourselves having to wear makeup. The balance between too much and too little makeup is crucial. Sometimes we just have to stand up to the man and say, “NO! I will not wear makeup today and I will not care!” And there’s no need to be sorry about it! Here are some benefits of taking a break from your makeup routine… 

1.     You can rub your eyes without looking like a raccoon. All girls can attest that rubbing your eyes is the Best. Feeling. Ever.

2.     You can get a tan. Perfect for seniors living on the beach because no makeup is acceptable when you’re on the sand. 

3.     By conserving your eyeliner, mascara, and foundation you are also saving money… like a lot of money. Because makeup costs more than a car.

4.     Your skin will definitely thank you. Your pores can finally breathe without being clogged with products day after day. 

5.     When you DO wear makeup again, you will look like a new person. Seeing yourself without makeup makes when you do wear makeup so much better.

6.     You can sleep longer. On average girls wake up at least 30-45 minutes earlier to put on makeup. With your help we can put an end to sleepy, pretty girls everywhere. 

7.     But the best thing about not wearing makeup is that you can show your natural beauty. Look in the mirror girl, and let your God-given beauty shine through!

So next time your alarm goes off and you want to sleep that extra half-hour, do it! Save your expensive NARS foundation for Friday night; you WON’T be sorry.

Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant