Ashley Graham Comes Out With New Swimsuit Line Promoting Diversity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Well-known plus sized model, Ashley Graham, made major waves with her new swimsuit line called “Every Body, Every Age, Every Beautiful.” Graham promoted her new line in the 2017 Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. This new swimsuit line is a part of a campaign called Swimsuits For All: celebrating women of all sizes, races, and ages.

Graham’s campaign was photographed in San Juan, Puerto Rico, featuring not only models, but women and men discovered on the streets of the city. In an interview with Harpers Bazaar Graham said, “These ladies are all gorgeous! Their energy and spirit was so positive, and they exuded confidence no matter their age and size. And they look amazing in the suits!”

The “Every body, Every Age, Every Beautiful” ad is different than any other Sports Illustrated campaign because of the wide variety of people displayed in it.  Graham strut her stuff all over San Juan with other models, African American women, elderly Puerto Rican women, and Puerto Rican musicians all of varying sizes. Graham claimed, “It was such a wonderful experience.”

Graham has made major strides in shaming body-shamers but she’s clearly not done yet. Graham told Harpers Bazaar, “SI Swim, Swimsuits For All and I all share the same mission to celebrate the female body and empower women to feel good in their own skin. That’s why it was important to debut the “Every Body, Every Age, Every Beautiful” ad in the issue again this year and show even more diverse women.”

Although she has gotten her fair share of insults on social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter, Ashley Graham will continue to be proud and unapologetic for the way she and other women look.

Check out the 2017 promo video here, and shop the collection here.

Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant