Ariana Grande is Dropping an Album ~This Month~

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

While I was taking a study break on October 14th, I was not expecting the ~amazing~ news that I got. I was texting my friends when I got a Twitter notification from Ariana Grande that said “I can’t wait to give u my album this month.” I immediately jumped out of my seat and got up and started dancing. I was so excited. I have been a major Ariana fan since the Victorious days. Ariana is such an inspirational, encouraging woman in the music industry. But let’s discuss more about the album.

We do not know much about the album, but Ariana did post this to her Instagram on October 17th. This led people to think that the name of her single (coming out this Friday!) could be called “POSITIONS,” or it could be the name of her album. We know that the album is coming out on October 30th, and if you cannot wait for the release day, take a look at this countdown

Since this album is coming as such a surprise, nobody knows what it will be about. Although, I have a few guesses. Ariana is a major feminist, which is amazing. I have a feeling this theme will be present in her album, since it has been present in her past albums and songs, most notably “God is a woman” off her fourth album Sweetener. Ariana has also been extremely vocal about the current issues in the world such as Black Lives Matter, the election, and COVID. I have a feeling that her album will somehow showcase these important issues to raise awareness.

Even if this is not what the album is about, I am absolutely certain that it will be ~incredible~. I have been listening to her current music on repeat ever since I found out she would be releasing new material. Once the single comes out on Friday, we will have a better understanding of what we can expect from the album. 

Eileen is a senior at Fairfield University who is studying Communications with minors in English, Professional Writing, and Women’s Gender & Sexuality Studies. She has a passion for magazine writing and hopes to pursue a career in the field. Eileen is the Entertainment & Culture Intern at Her Campus where she covers all things pop culture, entertainment, and internet trends. Eileen was formerly a National Writer for Her Campus from April 2023 - January 2024. Eileen is one of the Campus Correspondents (CCs) at Her Campus' Fairfield University chapter. She oversees the entire chapter and works with her other CC to curate ideas and events for HCFU. She also mentors and trains the editorial team and helps create content and boost engagement alongside the social media team. In her free time, you can find Eileen creating new Spotify playlists, getting a sweet treat with friends, or obsessing over Taylor Swift. If she isn’t doing that, you’ll likely find Eileen with her six best friends from school talking about their “Big Three”: "Normal People," their favorite "Dancing With The Stars" performances, and Greta Gerwig's "Little Women."
Katie Mazzotta

Fairfield '21

Katie Mazzotta, from Massachusetts, studies marketing and finance at Fairfield University. She is the campus correspondent for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Her creativity and marketing skills provide a beneficial influence on the chapter's event planning and social media accounts. In her free time, she loves the beach and spending time with friends and family.