Are Y’all Ready For Love & Theft?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Love & Theft is a band comprised of two talented, handsome, and southern men, Eric Gunderson and Stephen Barker Liles.  The band, named after a famous Bob Dylan album “Love and Theft,” is famous for singing “Angel Eyes,” “Night That You’ll Never Forget,” “Runaway,” and “If You Ever Get Lonely.” We can’t wait for them to come to campus on October 18th, and here are five reasons why you should be excited too:

1. FUSA had a hankerin’ for some changes. Country is what you want, and country is what you’re going to get! After years of the student body providing their input, we’re finally changing up the genre of music. In addition to the new genre, is a new location. FUSA stepped up and pushed for an outdoor concert. Success! Git ‘er done! But hold on cowboys and cowgirls … only students with tickets will have access to the area! Tickets can be purchased at the info desk, $25 for students and $40 for guests.

2. We are having a country DJ as an opener. Yes, a country DJ.  DJ Rod Youree is a cowboy from Nashville, Tennessee. Youree has opened for Rascal Flatts and played at Dayglow (America’s Largest Paint Party). He’s also played with Will.I.Am, Flo Rida, and R3hab along with many more. 

3. Talented country boy Joel Crouse, who’s opened for Taylor Swift, is our second opening act. Crouse is known for his storytelling in song lyrics as well as having an incredible work ethic and passion for his music. 

4. Food, food, and more food. Do you have a hankerin’ for Super Duper Weenie, a pizza truck or cupcake truck? Good, because they’re going to be at the event serving anyone who bought a ticket to the show!

5. Dress up for the sweet talkin’ cowboys! Cowboy boots, plaid shirts, and ripped jeans. Yes, please.

See y’all there on October 18th at 5 p.m. on the BCC Green!

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!