Apple’s Spring Event: Looking At The Future for Apple Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

On March 21, Apple held its annual spring event featuring the exciting new technology that will soon be available to all Apple customers. According to Popular Mechanics, the new and improved additions include a smaller iPhone, smaller iPad Pro, Apple Watch, and Apple Liam.

A Smaller iPhone
That’s correct the new iPhone is here and it’s called the iPhone SE. This iPhone is the same size as the iPhone 5 but its been greatly updated. This iPhone performs at the same capability as the iPhone 6S. Having an A9 chip inside, allows for better performance as well as hands-free “Hey Siri” features. The iPhones camera has been updated as well. Now, it can capture 4K videos and perform the same “Live Photo” tricks that the iPhone 6S has. This new iPhone also has the feature of TouchID that was introduced to many in the iPhone 5S. It also had a NFC chip, which can be used for Apple Pay.

Price: $400 for the 16GB, and $500 for the 64GB

Smaller iPad Pro
This new iPad is 9.7 inches, the same size as the regular iPad and iPad Air. This iPad is targeted more towards professional users because it can support Apple Pencil. This feature tries to mimic paper by having little to no reflection and showing the best possible colors. This can help any artist or designer.

Price: $600 for the 32GB, $750 for the 128GB, and $900 for the 256 GB

Apple Watch
Same watch different year. The only difference this time is that it has new colorful bands and it has nylon. Sorry Apple Watch fanatics no updates here. But there is good news: the price for the watch has actually dropped! 

Price: $299

Apple Liam
This one, unfortunately, customers cannot buy. Apple Liam is a robot arm that is going to be used at warehouses. The robot’s job will be to take apart iPhones and remove all the important and toxic parts for recycling. Apple removing wasteful chips one iPhone at a time.

Hi my name is Alejandra Arias and I am the Executive Feature Editor for Her Campus Fairfield
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant