Amy Poehler and Tina Fey Are Hosting SNL Together and We’re *FREAKING* Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

If there were ever a time to use trendy vernacular like “friendship goals”, this, my friends, is it.

The two best people in the entire world (Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, but I don’t think I need to point that out) are going to be hosting Saturday Night Live on December 19th and I speak on behalf of the entire world when I say we are all freaking the eff out. If you thought people were excited when man walked on the moon, you were sadly mistaken.

Fey, on the show for 9 years, and Poehler, on for 7, will return to their old stomping grounds to promote their new move “Sisters” which will be released on Christmas day. The “First Ladies of Comedy” have worked together for years on skits like this, this, and of course this.

Will the two assume their rightful place on the Weekend Update throne? Will they reunite Palin and Clinton once more in light of the upcoming election? Will they reenact the “Mom Jeans” commercial because they are now, in fact, moms? The potential skits are unclear, but I think it’s only fair to assume that this is going to be the best episode in all of SNL history, objectively speaking of course.

Oh, and in case you thought the episode couldn’t get any better, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band are the musical guests.

Thank you for this wonderful gift, Lorne.

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.