9 Simple Inventions We’re Thankful For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

1. The Snuggie

It’s a blanket with armholes. Why did it take us this long to come up with that? I’m not sure, but I do know they look great on everyone.

2. The Turbie Twist

The perfect invention for every girl who ever had trouble balancing a huge towel on her head like a bowl of fruit. With all of its cute colors, The Turbie Twist is trendy and sensible!

3. The Brownie Edge Baking Pan

Everyone’s favorite part of the brownie is the crust (obviously), so kudos to the genius who made this pan. Edges for all!

4. Phone Case with Credit Card Holder

No need to stressfully rummage through your oversized bag for your ID. It’s conveniently at the tip of your fingers on the back of your phone. This invention makes us loved by every bouncer and bartender.

5. Port-a-Pint Collapsible Beer Glass

No cups? No problem. You brought your own AND it takes up as much space as a pack of gum. One small step for man, one giant leap for college students.

6. Whisky Stones

Say goodbye to the enemy, folks: watered down drinks. With this nifty invention, it’s all cold drinks and full flavor from here on out.

7. Heated Butter Knife

A true answer to our prayers. Watch that butter melt and think of all of the struggles you would have had if it were cold. You should feel sorry for the people with normal knives.

8. Goggle Umbrella

We can see clearly now the rain is NOT gone, but awkward bump-ins with people and poles are. 

9. Pajama Jeans

Now nobody needs to know you’re a lazy slob who leaves the house in your pajamas. Frolic all you want.

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!