8 Underplayed Songs to Get You in the Holiday Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Christmas is right around the corner and if you’re like most Christmas fanatics, you probably started listening to Christmas music since the end of November (or all year, I won’t judge). I’m sure we all know and love Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas Is You” or “The First Noel” by Josh Groban, but have you ever thought about the hundreds of holiday songs you don’t hear on the radio every December? I’ve compiled a list on the most underplayed holiday songs that will definitely get you into the holiday spirit this year.

1. Cold December Night, Michael Buble

I’m sure we’ve all heard the famous Michael Buble Christmas album. But one of his less-known songs, “Cold December Night” will be sure to put you in the Christmas mood.

2. Underneath the Tree, Kelly Clarkson

“You’re all that I need underneath the tree”—a perfect song for you and your loved one this holiday season.

3. Man with the Bag, Jessie J

This upbeat tune will have you singing along the rest of the holiday season. And get you thinking about all those Christmas presents on your list.

4. A New York Christmas, Rob Thomas

There’s honestly nothing like Christmas in the city. Listen to this song to get you pumped about the tree lighting and thought of Christmastime in the city.

5. Oklahoma Christmas, Blake Shelton ft. Reba

If you’re country fan, this is a perfect song to add to your Christmas playlist. Blake and Reba put together a fun duet to get you psyched about Christmas, country style.

6. The Chanukah Song, Adam Sandler

There are some people that don’t celebrate Christmas so Adam Sandler wrote a song just for them. This song is not only hilarious, but has four different versions that only get funnier.

7. My Only Wish (This Year), Britney Spears

Britney Spears has been making a major comeback lately so why not listen to one of her old tunes from 2011 to get you in the Christmas spirit. You might even be asking Santa for a significant other this Christmas.

8. When the Snow Comes down in Tinseltown, Hilary Duff.

A MAJOR throwback that will get you excited for snow on Christmas. If you have been living under a rock, you probably have never even heard Hilary Duff’s Christmas album. Now’s the time to get nostalgic and listen to your favorite Disney Channel star’s album.

Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant