8 Collegiette Life Hacks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

College can be stressful, whether it be freshman year or senior year. So, why not make our lives a litte easier when we can? Here are some tips that will help you do that! 

1. Bring home made food to school with you to heat up when you’re in need of a good meal, or incase you don’t have time for Barone that day. 2. Skip class wisely! Don’t skip just because you’re feeling lazy, you will be happy the morning you wake up sick and get to stay in bed all day. 3. Save time getting ready in the morning for your 8 a.m. by investing in a BB cream or Tinted moisturizer that will save you some steps for looking awake in the morning. 4. Make hot coffee the night before your class, and throw it in the fridge for instant iced coffee in the morning. 5. Don’t purchase textbooks right away, wait to see if their is a PDF version. This will save you money, and room in your book bag. 6. Self tanner is the quickest and easiest solution for us to have a summer glow in the middle of the winter, it’s also most cost efficient. 7. Keep Airborne on you at all times! You are constantly being exposed to germs, this will help you avoid that cold everyone on campus seems to have. 8. Be friendly to everyone in your class. You never know who you might meet if you are open to new friendships! 

Kristen is a sophomore at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in communications. She is a gym fanatic always on the latest workout trends but also loves to dress up when going out with friends or hitting the shops downtown.
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!