8 Carrie Bradshaw Quotes For Every Collegiette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

The Sex in the City women have taught us all a plehora of life lessons, ranging in everything from fashion to men. They basically guided our lives, as we watched them guide their own through NYC. All of the women have had valuable things to say, but we have deemed Carrie Bradshaw the ultimate voice of reason. Here are 8 Carrie Bradshaw quotes for every Collegiette: 

“I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it.”

Let’s face it. It’s impossible to be perfect, especially in college. Embrace those Monday mornings when you barely make it out of bed and spill coffee all over your white shirt.

“The most exciting, challenging, and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you you love, well, that’s just fabulous.”

College is about finding yourself and learning to love the person you are. It is so important to be in a loving relationship with yourself before you jump into a relationship with someone else. When and if it is meant to be, it will happen on it’s own.

“When men attempt bold gestures, generally it’s considered romantic. When women do it, it’s often considered desperate or psychotic.”

College definitely provides you with a supply of cute guys. Just remember the things that we find to be romantic and cute, boys think are creepy and psychotic. We might not see ourselves as desperate, but guys do!

“Life gives you lots of chances to screw up which means you have just as many chances to get it right.”

As Carrie has explained before, it is hard to be perfect. It is important to make mistakes and learn from them. College gives you a lot of time to screw up and make mistakes, but each time you earn a chance to get things right. 

“As we drive along this road called life, occasionally a gal will find herself a little lost. And when that happens, I guess she has to let go of the coulda, shoulda, woulda, buckle up and just keep going.”

College can definitely be a bumpy road. Not everything always goes correctly, and it is okay to get lost on the way. Even Carrie has been lost before. When you reach a bump in the road, it’s important not to dwell on what could have been or what you should have done. Instead have faith you will end up going in the right direction. 

“Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back. Maybe you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be.”

College is a new experience, especially in the beginning. It can seem as if your home life can be holding you back here, and is important to let go of your past. You’re in college, this is a whole new experience, and you are about to become a whole new person.

“The truth is, at any given moment someone somewhere could be making a face about you. but it’s the reviews you give yourself that matter.”

This has been going on since the middle school days, and we all know it is true. The faces, the talking behind people’s back; we have all been there, done that. The difference is that in college we realize the only reviews that matter are your own.

“The universe may not always play fair, but at least it’s got a hell of a sense of humor.”

Things may not always go as planned in college. You will stay up all night studying, have a rough night out, or maybe walk all the way to the dining hall just to realize it is closed. But in the end, Carrie shows us that everything does work out in the best of ways. 

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.