jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 8 Best Ways To Take Advantage of the Outdoors Before Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

From comfy sweaters and adorable boots, to apple cider and pumpkin spice flavored foods, collegiettes simply love autumn. Yet, all good things must come to an end. Before you know it, light jackets turn into puffer coats, and the struggle of having to leave the warmth of your bed to get food (let alone go to class) becomes very real. So collegiettes, before you catch a terrible case of winter blues, check out these amazing ways to take advantage of the outdoors while you can! 

Go apple or pumpkin picking at a local orchard

Go for a long nature walk, hike, or discover new running trails. 

Have a bonfire with s’mores, followed by an outdoor movie night

Take a day trip to NYC and stroll through Central Park. 

Turn an early dinner into a picnic followed by stargazing at night. 

Enjoy apple cider and donuts at a harvest festival.

Go for a hayride or try horseback riding at your local stable. 

Get cozy with a good read and an even better cup of tea or coffee.

Camille Giacovas is a sophomore at Fairfield University with an International Studies major and an English minor with a concentration in Professional Writing.  She dreams of traveling the world and she strongly believes in the power of living a positive life. She is a lover of hot yoga, running and finding the little things in life that bring her joy. Her mornings would not be complete without a chai tea latte. 
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant