7 Websites for Scoring Unreal Deals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

The struggle between wanting to look good, wanting to get good grades, and wanting to have an exciting social experience in college often intersect.  Add in the fact you have to do all of this on a budget, and things can’t seem to get much harder.  Luckily, there are some great websites out there that allow us to maintain the collegiette lifestyle all while saving some cash. Here are 7 great sites to score deals on:

1. If you are a total bookworm like me, then you need to check out Thrift Books.  This site sells gently used books for unbelievably cheap prices.  Some of the most popular titles like Fifty Shades of Gray and The Pact are available for less than $5 each! 

2. Groupon is one part website, and one part weekend saver.  The site directs you to different events and deals going on all around your area.  From discount massages to deals on the best hotels, your social life will be totally thankful that you checked it out.

3. Amazon is a perfect source for book rentals, so why not check out Amazon Prime?  As students, you will receive a free trial of Prime and it will be 50% off for further access. With Prime, you’ll be scoring amazing deals like free two-day shipping and free streaming of different movies and songs. So don’t ignore that free trial!

4. Collegiettes are constantly struggling with their love of makeup but their need to save money. With E.L.F.’s website, this will no longer be an issue.  With everything from your daily makeup to special sets and palettes, E.L.F. will make sure you’re filling your cart but not emptying your wallet.

5. Retail Me Not will be your favorite companion on those rainy day shopping sprees.  By choosing your favorite stores, this website (and app!) will keep you up to date with notifications of all sales and promotion codes to use nearby. Do you really need any other excuse to go to the mall now?

6. All collegiettes have at least one thing in their closet from Tobi – the website is a complete lifesaver.  With constant sales, and a “50% off your first order” promotion, Tobi is the best way to save your money without having to sacrifice your sense of style.

7. Fell in love with an outfit on Pinterest, but have no idea where to find it?  No problem! Just check out The Hunt.  Here you can post a picture of your desired outfit and set your price range.  People will be showing you where to find it all in seconds, and you’ll even be able to share a bit of your style expertise, too!

Follow Lauren on Twitter!

Lauren is a sophomore studying Computer Engineering at Fairfield University.  A proud Bostonian, she has a heavy reliance on iced coffee and says "wicked" far too often.Follow Lauren on Twitter!
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!