7 Questions We Have Now that Zayn Malik Left One Direction

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

The hearts of Directioners everywhere are breaking today due to the bands recent announcement. Zayn Malik, a member of the group since Simon Cowell placed them together on The X-Factor in 2010, has chosen to leave the band. Zayn recently announced his engagement, and now he is leaving 1d? Life is hard. There are several reasons for his resignation from the group floating around, but Zayn said he wants to be a normal 22-year-old. What happens next, though? Here are five questions we have for One Direction: 

1. Who will take the role of the mysterious one?

2. …Or the fierce one?

3. Who will sing all the high notes?

4. Who will now be the male version of the Spice Girls?  

5. Which member will be a prettier girl than Zayn?

6. How will group dance sequences look with only four guys?

7. How will Harry, Niall, Louis and Liam go on?

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!