7 Products that Will Save Your Skin this Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Along with cold weather, snowfall, and the holidays, winter also brings dry skin and chapped lips. Staying moisturized is essential as the temps drop, and here are a few of our favorite products to keep winter skin happy and hydrated.

1. Moisturizer

Although this is a no-brainer, a thick, hydrating moisturizer is essential for winter skin care. Brands such as Neutrogena and Kiehl’s make some of the most popular creams on the market.

2. Tinted Lip Balm

Traditional lipsticks can be drying, so replacing your go-to shades with tinted lip balms can keep super chapped lips at bay. Fresh Beauty’s sugar lip balms are a Sephora bestseller alongside favorites like EOS and First Aid Beauty.

3. Hydrating Mask

When your skin needs an extra boost of hydration, masks are ideal. If used a few times a week, a hydrating mask can restore your skin to its natural glow and reverse the damaging effects of the cold weather.

4. Moisturizing Foundation

Aside from skincare, switching up our makeup routines is key to fighting dry winter skin. Moisturizing foundations that restore hydration help to combat dryness in ways that matte formulas don’t. Clinique, Bobbi Brown, and dozens of other brands offer their reliable products in alternative, less drying formulas that are perfect for the winter.

5. Gel Cleanser

Using the same drying cleansers that we turn to for most of the year can be detrimental to winter skin. Gel cleansers tend to offer additional hydration, which will set your skin on the right track from the very beginning of your skincare routine.

6. Hydrating Primer

Prepping your skin for makeup is crucial to combating the signs of weathered skin. Primers that protect against dehydrating products, such as those from e.l.f. and Too Faced, are worthwhile purchases during the winter months.

7. Water

Despite not technically being a beauty product, water is probably one of the most essential pieces to a winter skincare regime. Drinking your eight glasses per day will certainly show on your face in the form of hydrated, clear skin, which makes a few extra trips to the bathroom totally worth it.

Listen to these tips for smooth, moisturized skin despite the chilly temps!

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com