david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Must-Try Halloween Sweets to Get into the Spooky Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Aside from the piles of Halloween candy that we all manage to collect despite not actually trick or treating anymore, there are tons of spooky and unique snacks circulating social media just begging to be recreated. Ranging from fall classics like caramel apples, to intricate Halloween-themed cakes, there are recipes for everyone from beginner bakers to expert chefs to try creating this season.

Here are just a few spooky snacks to test out before the end of the month.

1. Rice Krispies Treat Pumpkins

Made with just marshmallows, cereal, food coloring, and candy decorations, these adorable pumpkins are incredibly easy to make and the perfect addition to your Halloween snack spread. Get creative with different shapes and dye colors to mimic other classic fall items.

2. Death by Chocolate

These simple graveyard-inspired desserts consist of chocolate pudding, crushed Oreos, and a cookie decorated to look like a gravestone. Where they lack in difficulty, they make up for it in taste by being absolutely delicious. Add gummy worms or other creepy candies to make your dessert even more deliciously scary.

3. Mummy Oreo Balls

There’s definitely nothing scary about the chocolatey perfection that Oreo balls are. Dress yours up with drizzled white chocolate and tiny eyes to resemble the cutest (and tastiest!) mummies ever.

4. Fruity Phantoms

These chocolate covered strawberries decorated to look like ghosts are so simple, but perfectly spooky. Plus, despite being covered in chocolate, you can feel a little better about munching on this snack because you’re getting in a serving of fruit, too!

5. Candy Corn Cake

Using nothing more than a boxed cake mix and a little bit of food coloring, you can create this festive layered cake that resembles one of the most controversial Halloween sweets there is –  candy corn. Whether you and your friends love or hate the sugary candies, this cake is sure to be a crowd pleaser.

6. Halloween Candy Bark

Peppermint bark is a staple around the holidays, but we’re sure you’ve never thought to incorporate Halloween candy bars into a bark recipe for the spookiest season of the year. Making this treat is as simple as melting chocolate on a cookie sheet, sprinkling on pieces of your favorite candies, and allowing the chocolate to harden. Don’t worry, we won’t judge you for eating the whole tray.

7. Sweet, Salty, and Scary

Last but not least is a classic combo that can be dressed up to fit the Halloween theme. Dip pretzel sticks in chocolate and decorate them with festive sprinkles, candies, and candy melts in shades of orange and purple for the perfect grab and go Halloween snack.

Stay spooky, Stags!

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com