The Lalapurse Contents Flatlay
The Lalapurse Contents Flatlay
Her Campus Media
Wellness

7 Goals You Will Actually Want to Achieve This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

~New year, new semester~. It feels like every semester we tell ourselves everything is going to change and we’re going to become this ideal version of ourselves, but after 2 weeks we completely give up. There’s no better time than now to set achievable and rational goals for yourself (emphasis on achievable!). Here are 7 of our ideas to better yourself during this semester, so you can finally become that girl boss we all know you are.

1.Say yes more:

You don’t want to miss out on irreplaceable memories with your hall mates because you were a little tired, or wanted to watch one more episode, or thought you’d be too awkward. Say yes to trying new things, to driving around Fairfield Beach Road, or to that quick coffee run: you never know what could happen while you’re out.

2.Spend more time off-campus:

The town of Fairfield is one of the cutest suburbs in Connecticut. There are countless boutiques, locally-owned restaurants, and beaches to go to. Sometimes when you’re stuck on campus, you can fall into a bit of a rut, so grab some friends and explore our gorgeous college town.

3.Get (and stay) organized:

We all pretend that we’re stay super on top of our school work every time a new semester rolls around, but do we ever actually? No, no, we don’t. Buy a planner, hang a whiteboard, or download Google Calendar. Put everything from each class syllabus in, include your work schedule, your workout classes, vacations, etc. Prep yourself now so you’ll be organized all semester long. 

4.Step outside of your comfort zone:

Whether it be trying a new coffee order, hanging out with a new group of people, or taking your first Soul Cycle class: push yourself! You can’t grow if you’re not stepping out of your comfort zone.

5.Rock a new trend:

It’s 2020. Basically, anything goes for fashion. Dye your hair a crazy color, wear a neon bodysuit to the party, rock an oversized Billie Eilish inspired fit. Fashion is an amazing way to express yourself, and you know what they say: look good, feel good. 

6.Integrate healthy living into your life:

I know, I know. This is such a stereotypical goal that everyone tries to do, but we all stop going to the gym after 2 weeks. Make being healthy fit into the lifestyle that you want to live. Maybe that means going to the gym twice a week, or maybe it means shopping organically and cooking more. It could even mean integrating meditation and journaling into your life. There’re so many ways to maintain a healthy relationship with your mind, body, and soul.

7.Take more pictures:

You’re only in college for so long. As a second semester senior (*starts sobbing*), I want to remember as much of my time at Fairfield U as I can. Take a million photos, buy a polaroid, pick up a disposable camera. You’re never going to regret having too many pictures from the best 4 years of your life. 

I am a Junior Marketing Major with a concentration in digital and social media marketing and a Finance minor at Fairfield University. I am a creative, driven, and hardworking individual who loves fashion and beauty.