7 Gift Ideas For That Special Someone This Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

With Valentine’s Day being right around the corner, thinking of the perfect gift for your special someone can be overwhelming. Stores have had their festive gifts and treats on display for weeks now. It tends to pressure shoppers to frantically search for the thing that best represents their love towards their significant other. Sure, your girlfriend or boyfriend will appreciate the cheesy card that you picked up last minute from the local drugstore, but sometimes going above and beyond goes a long way. Lucky for you ladies, we’re giving you seven great Valentine’s Day gift ideas for your special someone that are sure to make them feel loved this February!

A Home-Cooked Meal

Finding a last minute dinner reservation on Valentine’s Day is mission impossible. Instead, consider opting for a night in and cooking a romantic dinner for two. Cooking your special someone’s favorite meal is a nice gesture we’re sure they’ll love!

Something Sweet

Similar to cooking a meal, you can bake your loved one a homemade treat!  If you can’t bake, you can easily find something delicious to give to them from a grocery store. However, baking something sweet shows how much you truly care (even if baking might not be your strong suit).

A Fun Date Night

If your special someone would appreciate some quality time with you more than a gift, plan a fun date for the two of you. Some ideas include spending the day in a nearby city, seeing a show on Broadway (always be on the lookout for discounted tickets), or dinner and a movie (hint, hint: 50 Shades Freed premiers the Friday before Valentine’s Day).

Something Homemade

When it comes to a Valentine’s Day gift, it’s the thought that counts. What’s more thoughtful than making something for your special someone?! Some ideas include buying and decorating a picture frame, or even putting together a coupon book.

Chocolates and Flowers

You can’t really go wrong with this classic gift. Roses and a box of chocolates have been the way to a girl’s heart since the start of time.

A Gift for Her

Looking for the perfect gift for your girlfriend, friend, or wife this Valentine’s Day? Head to the nearest LUSH store for some bath bombs and scented lotion, and tell your girl that she deserves some relaxation.

A Gift for Him

The Echo Dot by Amazon ($50) is the latest fad. It’s a hands-free, voice-controlled device with a small built-in speaker that can connect over Bluetooth – a gift that your man will love!

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com