7 Best Lip Balms for the Colder Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

With summer coming to a very sad end, the New England weather is about to get the best of us. Get ready for puffy jackets, lots of layers, and one of the scariest things of all—chapped lips. It happens to the best of us when the wind picks up and the temperature drops, but chapped lips can be easily avoided with some incredible products!

1. e.l.f Lip Exfoliator

The first step to soft lips is to get rid of all the dead, flaky skin. This sugar scrub is the perfect way to start fresh and feel your best. Buy it here!

2.    Aquaphor

Aquaphor is a holy grail product. Not only can it save your lips, but it can save any patches of dry skin! Buy it here!

3.    Burt’s Bees Natural Moisturizing Lip Balm

Burts Bees is an incredible company because it’s eco-friendly and all-natural! Save your lips and save the bees! Buy it here!

4.    Jack Black Lip Balm

This lip balm not only protects against dry lips, but even protects against sunburn and windburn. Buy it here!

5.    Nivea

Another cult-favorite is Nivea because of the brand’s wide range of flavors and unique, versatile packaging! Buy it here!

6.    Drunk Elephant Lippie Balm

This product is a bit of a lippie-splurge, but it is guaranteed to save your chapped lips! This product promises to replenish, moisturize, and protect. Buy it here!

7.    Estee Lauder Lip Conditioner

Now that your lips are rid of any dry or flaky skin, it is time to deep condition them with this mask! This is the perfect way to keep your soft and supple lips looking and feeling great all winter long. Buy it here!

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com