7 Awesome Activities For You and Your Friends This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

New England is absolutely beautiful in the fall so why not take to the town, the wineries or the soccer field with your fellow collegiettes this weekend!

1. Beardsley’s Cider Mill

As tempting as it is to steal apples from Barone everyday, you can stock up and pick your very own here!  Beardsley’s Cider Mill is located about a half an hour away in Shelton, CT. With multiple apple varieties and fresh-made cider, Beardsley’s is a must visit this fall.

2. The Adventure Park

If Fairfield’s campus in the fall isn’t breath-taking enough, just think about witnessing it while climbing a tree, going down a zip-line, or crossing over a challenge bridge in this forest. The Adventure Park is located at the Discovery Museum in close-by Bridgeport, CT, and is definitely worth a visit.

3. Downtown Fairfield

Tired of taking the Stag Bus to the mall every weekend? Take it downtown instead. Shopping here gives you a different variety of stores to look through, all while enjoying the fresh autumn air outside. When you’re downtown, make sure to stop at places like the delicious Pronto Chop Shop (yum!).

4. Art Lounge

Looking for new GNO ideas? Check out the Art Lounge in Norwalk, CT. Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night, they offer cocktails (21+), good music, and painting lessons. The Art Lounge is a great alternative to a typical Netflix-binge and pizza night, and it might even help you pick up a new hobby.

5. Jones Winery and Family Farms

Another great idea for you and your friends this Fall. Located in Shelton, CT, Jones Winery and Family Farms has options for everyone. Whether you love wine tastings or simply want to pick a pumpkin and go on a scenic hayride, this is a hotspot for fall.

6. The Haunted Graveyard

The Haunted Graveyard, located at Lake Compounce in Bristol, CT, may be a bit of a drive, but is well worth it for this amazing day trip. Here, spend your day checking out themes rides like the Zoomerang coaster, and spend your night getting spooked as you take a walk through the Haunted Graveyard. With combo deals starting at low prices, you and your friends must take a trip here this season.

7. Catch a game

It wouldn’t be fall without game days! Fairfield U may not have a football team, but there are still so many teams to be a fan of.  Catch a soccer or rugby game right on campus, or a Stags hockey game at their home rink in Shelton. Whatever you choose to attend, just remember to keep those Stags up!

Follow Lauren on Twitter!

Lauren is a sophomore studying Computer Engineering at Fairfield University.  A proud Bostonian, she has a heavy reliance on iced coffee and says "wicked" far too often.Follow Lauren on Twitter!
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.