6 Stages of Finding Your Senior Year Housing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Stage One: After attending a few Point Days as a freshman, you and your friends decide you want to live in a beach front house right on the Point! “We should live in Pier 7 or High Tide!” 

Stage Two: Sophomore year comes along and most students are not thinking about senior year housing… until about October. “Wait, they already put a deposit down on what house? I’ve never even heard of that…?”

Stage Three: The search has finally started. You have somehow obtained the spreadsheet with the names of the houses, along with the names and numbers of landlords. “Have you ever heard of Albino Frog or Undertow? Do you think all of our friends can live in one of these?” 

Stage Four: The first call to a landlord. This can go a few ways: they are super nice and would love to show you the house, or they are really cranky because the house is already taken and you are bugging them. “How was I supposed to know this house was already taken?!”

Stage Five: The first “official” beach house visit. If you are lucky enough, this will be your only visit; you will have found your perfect and affordable beach house. If you are not this lucky, there may be several visits before you find THE house.

“ I will not settle for anything but Fairfield Beach Road! We don’t have to live on the Point, but we have to have some limits.”

Stage Six: Congratulations! You found a house! Finally the stress of finding a beach house is over. It may not be the exact situation you wanted, but at least you’re not living in Meditz, or a cardboard box! “Now, how do I tell my parents I have to put a deposit down two years in advance…?”

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.