6 Reasons To Attend Her Conference 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It’s almost here! The fourth annual Her Conference, an event hosted by Her Campus in New York City is this Saturday, July 25 and this Sunday, July 26. Her Conference is a great place for collegiette career advice, and creates the perfect networking enviornment. The Saturday and Sunday events are being held in the financial district in New York City, and if you didn’t already know that you should be going to this, below are six reasons to get your last minute tickets before they sell out1. Her Conference allows college women across the map to network and be inspired. Attendees learn everything they need to get the most out of their college experience and conquer their career goals as women. #Girlpower.2. The Saturday conference is open to Her Campus Team members only, which allows collegiettes from all different chapters to meet and learn from one another.3. On Saturday, Cara Chiaramonte will be speaking to Her Campus girls about taking your chapter from Bronze to Pink level. As a campus development associate, Cara manages 270+ Her Campus chapters and 400+ Campus Correspondents. Specifically, Cara works with chapters on their team management, writing and marketing skills. She she also has amazing on-campus recruitment ideas that you’re going to want to hear.4. Lisa Arbetter, the editor of StyleWatch and TheOutfit.com will be giving the welcome address and morning keynote. Under Arbetter, Advertising Age named StyleWatch Magazine of the Year in 2010. Continuing to grow the brand, this past year TheOutfit.com launched for fashion forward lovers to share trends and inspiration.5. One of many empowering and inspiring women who will be at Her Conference is Amy Odell, the editor of Cosmopolitan.com and author of Tales from the Back Row. Under Amy’s leadership, Cosmo.com has more than doubled their traffic to reach 34 million monthly viewers. Her hilarious and inspiring book Tales from the Back Row hits the shelves September 1, but you can pre-order it now.6. Throughout the entire weekend, Her Conference allows attendees to network and enjoy the benefits of a variety of top brands through sponsorships. Chipotle, Chloe + Isabel, Amtrack, and Intel are a few of the many sponsors that will have a presence at this year’s Her Conference. Also, and very important, there will be Chipotle for lunch! 

Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant