6 Movies to See this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

As the days become shorter and the nights grow colder, it’s that time of year again to snuggle up in your warmest sweatpants and go see the newest movies. There are a wide variety of movies being released this fall and whether you are into horror, romance, or comedy, there is something for everyone. These captivating new movies will keep you on the edge of you seat, so grab your friends and go see the movies below. (Don’t worry, no spoilers!)

Ouija

With Halloween quickly approaching, this spooky new thriller will get your ready.  When a once innocent board game goes terribly wrong, a group of friends open up a portal to a new dimension. They shortly come to realize that the Ouija board is not just a game when their lives are put in danger by a strange entity. This movie will have your hands covering your eyes so if you’re a scary movie junkie, go see this new thriller.

Watch trailer here.

The Best of Me

Can you imagine rekindling the match with your first love 20 years from now? Well that is the love story of Dawson and Amanda, who were high school sweethearts. After 20 years, is it possible that their reunion can last? Not to mention that actor James Marsdon is playing Dawson. Hubba hubba. He will be having all us girls drooling by the time this movie is over!

Watch trailer here.

Horrible Bosses 2

If you are in desperate need of a good laugh then it is time to go see Horrible Bosses 2 because the rumor has it that it is HILAROUS. Similar to the first movie, Dale, Nick, and Kurt try to take revenge on one of their investors for ruining their business plan. They come up with the “brilliant” idea of kidnapping their former investor. In addition to an amusing plot, this movie also has a great cast starring Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis, and Chris Pine. Look for Horrible Bosses 2 in theaters near you this fall.

Watch trailer here.

Gone Girl

This movie is every husband’s worst nightmare. On Nick and Amy Dunne’s fifth wedding anniversary, Amy suddenly goes missing. Nick is in complete devastation and confusion as he scrambles to search for his wife, while holding onto hope that they will be reunited. There is a surprising twist when Nick is blamed for Amy’s disappearance. Although he maintains his innocence, the police are closing in on Nick as the prime suspect. Where is Amy? Did Nick really kill her? All these questions are racing through the viewer’s minds while watching this movie. This suspenseful movie will have you guessing until the very end.

Watch trailer here.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1

The wait is finally over! After two years since the first movie in the series came out, the final chapter, Mockingjay, is here. In the movie, Katniss Everdeen is in a hurry to save the love of her life, Peeta, who’s been taken captive by the Capitol. After destroying the Hunger Games, it is now time for Katniss to go to the source of all her misery and defeat President Snow. Under the protection of District 13 and President Coin, Katniss Everdeen will face her demons once and for all to get Peeta back.

Watch trailer here.

Penguins of Madagascar

You are never too old to channel your inner childhood. This fun and adorable movie is about four undercover agents, Skipper, Kowalski, Rico and Private, who are going on a mission to defeat the seditious Dr. Octavius Brine. Watch these super cute penguins save the world and stop Dr. Octavius Brine from taking over the world! This movie will have you laughing and wishing you never had to grow up.

Watch trailer here.

English major with a concentration in journalism
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.