6 Best Silky Hair Hacks For The Girl Who Doesn’t Have A Lot Of Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

This time of the semester things are starting to get pretty hectic. Tests, group projects, and papers are piling high as we approach the last month before finals. Our time is limited, we are becoming sleep-deprived zombies, and the idea of looking nice is at the bottom of our lists.

However, if your hair looks good, everything else should follow, right? For those collegiettes who just do not have the time, here are six silky hair hacks to keep your locks rockin’ during these difficult times:

1. Showering with cold water

You have to take a shower anyway, so why not take a colder shower than you usually would in order to help your hair? Cold water will lock in the natural moisture and close your cuticles to preserve ~silky smooth~ hair.

2. Protective serums

You don’t just want your hair to be silky and smooth, you also want to turn up that shine! By using protective heat serums as well as oils like Moroccan oil, your hair will feel sleek, look lustrous, and be effortlessly shiny.

3. Use a wide tooth comb

To get rid of frizz and reduce breakage that causes tangles, comb through your damp hair with a wide tooth comb. This will easily detangle your hair, while also keeping strands healthy and intact.

4. Don’t over-wash your hair

Over-washing your hair can strip your hair away from its oils that keep it healthy and soft. By not over-washing your hair you will leave it looking naturally moisturized. If you need to spruce it up a bit in between washes, meet our best friend ~dry shampoo~.

5. Sleep on a silk pillowcase

Sleeping on satin not only feels nice, but your luscious locks will thank you greatly! All you need is a satin pillowcase to reduce your frizz and breakage. After that, you can snooze away and wake up looking ~fabulous~!

6. Air-dry your hair

Forget the blow dryer that takes forever to dry your hair and causes damage. Let your hair air-dry, because the less heat tools you use on your hair, the softer it will be. Plus, blow-drying your hair will be one less thing you have to worry about and can be on your way!

Adriana is currently a second semester senior at Fairfield University. She is majoring in Communication and English with a concentration in creative writing as well as a double minor in marketing and women, gender and sexuality studies.              
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com